A well established Metals stockholder based near Wolverhampton are looking to bring an Internal Sales Executive to work within their Sales Team of 7. The business recorded a £22million turnover in 2020 and are kicking on with further developments and investment which has seen them on target to have another great year. This business have just had a multi million pound sign off, enabling them to bring new machinery on site. It is clearly an exciting time for the business and they are looking for someone to develop with them.
Reporting in to the Director, an individual with experience in the metals world & specifically in steel, brass or copper, or metal component parts, is desirable, but if you have a background in sales within another engineering environment then this will be really useful.
Role: Internal Sales Executive
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum based on experience + bonuses + comms
Location: West Midlands – Commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Birmingham, Cannock, Telford, West Bromwich, Wednesbury
The key responsibilities of the Internal Sales Executive are:-
- Responsible for maintaining & developing long term relationships with your portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with the relevant contacts
- Using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business.
- Achieving Sales target as agreed
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts, upselling and cross selling wherever possible
- Working collaboratively with the customer base to offer the most appropriate product or service
- Ensure relevant stock levels are maintained & stock rotation levels are correct with customers notified of any liability
- Identify & grow opportunities in your geographical area
The key requirements of the Internal Sales Executive will be:-
- A history of success in Sales around an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Previous history of account management
- Knowledge of selling in a Metals based environment including steel, stainless steel, copper, brass would be looked upon advantageously
- Ability to operate in a team environment and working in an office based role
- You may (in the future) have to visit a customer
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Excel, Word) & knowledge of using video conferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
The role is a mix of Sales & account management equally and you will be very much viewed as the face of the business with an established customer base. This is an internal sales role and the office has been well prepared for Covid safe practices and working. This is a very warm sales desk with up to 75 customers already in your area that you will be required to manage. There are very clear lines of succession planning in a number of areas within the business.
The role of Internal Sales Executive is an exciting role with a clear geographical area to cover which has a large amount of existing customers that will need be account managed. The business will invest in you as an individual and there are clear lines of progression to Regional Managers or office Manager. This is a business that has a multi-million pound sign off on investment so this will create more opportunities to develop new roles in the future. The role is offering a solid salary but there is a greater opportunity for you to earn with a great commission scheme & bonuses.
Apply online or call Claire Male for a conversation in complete confidence technical - network
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always Time Well Spent