A permanent opportunity for an experienced Die Tooling Technician is available with our Telford based Automotive client. The role will suit a toolmaker, tool maintenance technician or similar, and will offer a great opportunity to diversify your skills and knowledge. As a Die Maintenance Tooling Technician you will be responsible for the maintenance & repair of high pressure die cast tooling to support a high volume production environment.
Job: Toolmakers / Die Maintenance Technician
Salary: Extremely attractive + Shift Allowance - Double Days (6-2, 2-10)
The successful Tooling Technician will be responsible for:
The successful Tooling Technician will have the following skills and experience:
- Preparation and maintenance of existing die cast tooling.
- Ensuring all tooling is safe and production ready.
- Following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
- Preparing and testing tools by laying out / setting up / machining.
- Fitting and assembling parts and testing completed tools.
- Be a Time served Toolmaking professional, ideally having completed an apprenticeship or similar.
- Have experience working as a Toolmaker or Die Maintenance Technician with either a tool manufacturer or domestic toolroom.
- Have experience of performing die maintenance, strip down, repair and re-assembly of die casting tooling - experience of plastic injection mould tool or similar will be considered too.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and use appropriate measurement equipment.
- Experienced in the use of hand tool skills and toolroom machinery and equipment : milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder etc.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced toolmaker or die maintenance technician to join an established globally recognised manufacturer in a role offering a competitive salary and great working conditions. In return this client offer an excellent salary plus shift allowance & paid overtime when available; company uniform, full PPE, on-site parking and canteen facilities. You will work Double Days (6am - 2pm ; 2pm - 10pm) Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers, Sales People and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and interim contract recruitment services. Always time well spent.