We are working with a very well-established client in Swansea who are looking for a permanent Maintenance Supervisor to join their team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a rather “hands-off” role, and will see the successful applicant guide their team of Engineers and Team Leaders to achieve planned and reactive maintenance objectives. This is a Monday to Friday position, working on days.
Location – Swansea
Salary – c£42,000 - £45,000
The successful Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the PPM schedule is achieved – and contributing to the design of such schedules each year.
- Working with the team to ensure SAP is used effectively to capture all PPM tasks and activities.
- Coordinating and driving the use of SAP for all reactive maintenance too, moving away from alternative systems which are currently in place.
- Supervise a team of Crafts people (electrical crafts, mechanical crafts, and team leaders) to ensure work is carried out to highest standards, that production downtime is minimised, and all compliance is met.
- Liaise with shift leaders re performance of the crafts team.
- All “HR” management duties relating to the team, so Annual Leave, Absence Management, Recruitment etc.
The successful Maintenance Supervisor
will have the following skills and experience:
- A Degree, HNC, HND, NVQ3 or equivalent in engineering
- LOLER, PUWER and PSSR knowledge and experience, as they will be ensuring all work is fully compliant with regulations.
- Experience of managing a team of 15+ Engineers in a busy and highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Ideally experienced in using SAP to schedule and record planned and reactive maintenance, but experience of another CRM will be transferable with training on SAP provided.
- IOSH certification.
- In-depth knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma certification for example)
Our client is a prominent global world leader in the manufacture and supply of metals for various industries, this business is passionate about continually developing and improving their team, their processes and their offerings. They know that the only way to achieve this is through an exceptional and result oriented team, and offer great incentives and benefits including medical cover.
You will be paid a salary of circa £42-45k, plus attractive benefits. The role is Monday to Friday and you can work fairly flexibly between 7am and 5pm, business needs dependent. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Always time well spent.