Our client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join and strengthen their Lancaster team. You will be responsible for Health and Safety across a variety of sites, and will include Engineering, Manufacturing and Driving and Logistics staff.
This variety should keep the job really fresh and interesting, and offer scope for self-development. In terms of the sites, there are three main sites and two smaller, satellite sites, meaning there will be travel, although your main base will be Lancaster (LA1).
The successful Health and Safety Manager will:
- Manage a team of Health and Safety and SHE officers, and a training and compliance officer, across the 5 sites. As part of this you will carry out all appraisals and ensure skills and development gaps are identified and training is undertaken.
- You will liaise with the wider group with regards to their strategy for Health and Safety across the many UK sites, whilst working directly with the MD to ensure all Health and Safety decisions made locally are fit for the purpose of this specific area of the business.
- You will work closely with the Engineering Department to ensure safety of all equipment and staff, and helping to prepare CAPEX proposals.
- As expected, you will be responsible for general health and safety management duties such as:
- Providing advice and support to all managers and directors on Health, Safety, Welfare and OH subjects.
- Ensuring all risk assessments are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and maintaining records of these.
- Ensuring new Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, H.S.E. Guidance Notes and Codes of Practice are brought to the attention of the Managing Director and the management team.
- Liaising with external bodies, such as the HSE or insurers, as necessary on health and safety matters.
The successful Health and Safety Manager
will have the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH qualification(s) will be essential to this role.
- Experience within a Food, Mill, Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- IOSH qualifications, and experience of achieving full compliance with ISO 45001 would be very well received
- Preparing instructions and procedures required to carry out the company Health and Safety Policy; regularly reviewing these for suitability including in response to changes within the Company or to statutory requirements.
- Putting systems in place to manage implementation of actions to control any significant risks after Health and Safety inspections are conducted.
- Ensuring accidents and near misses are recorded and investigated; ensuring control measures identified in response to incidents are implemented.
- Reporting incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Ensuring that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance, or where indicated by risk assessment.
This well-established food manufacturing company are offering a salary of circa £45-47k, a car allowance, an annual bonus, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, an annual pay review, a keen focus on employee wellbeing, flexibility where possible in how you work your hours. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.