A unique opportunity has been created for a Strategic Buyer (Directs) to join our manufacturing client in Rugby, Warwickshire, on a permanent basis. This role will suit someone who is driven, dynamic and determined, and who enjoys working autonomously.
This company are in a fairly niche Electronic and Mechanical Manufacturing market, and therefore experience from within the electronics arena will be well received (procurement of electronic components/categories within Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, EV, Powertrain, Medical Devices etc, could all work quite well)
The successful Strategic Buyer will:
- Work on direct procurement categories in an electronic manufacturing environment, from raw materials to subcontracted components and all in between.
- Review and rationalise current supplier database to ensure current terms are as favourable as possible.
- Build excellent relationships with internal customers, working closely with them to ensure the procurement function is fit for purpose.
- Also build and maintain strong relationships with all suppliers, applying a professional and consistent approach.
- Introduce SLAs and other accountability measures for new and existing suppliers, re quality, OTIF etc.
- Analyse and report on all commercials as required, including review of cost reduction exercises.
The successful Strategic Buyer
will have the following skills and experience:
- Electronic or Electrical Manufacturing Buying experience.
- CIPS qualifications are highly desirable, but solid demonstrable experience will be considered.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Proven experience of supplier management, from new supplier on-boarding and contractual management, to supplier evaluation and ensuring agreed standards and service levels are met.
- Experience of SAGE.
In return you will have the chance to steer the procurement of direct categories for this company, making a significant impact on the profitability and efficiency of the (already well performing!) company. The client is offering a negotiable salary of up to circa £40k per annum, and an immediate start can be on offer for the right candidate.Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Always time well spent.