Part of a major international group, this organisation has a volume manufacturing facility producing high value products for the automotive industry. The plant is currently undergoing a period of transformation and capital investment to meet the requirements of upcoming launches in October and then again in January. This is a very exciting time for the business.
As a result an experienced Maintenance Planner is required to join the business ASAP.
The Maintenance Planner is working upon a Permanent basis. Working closely with the maintenance team you will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and taking responsibility to maximize performance of engineering operations. The Maintenance Planner will play a key part in improving work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labour, parts and material, and equipment access. This is still very much a balance of office & hands on skills.
Role: Maintenance Planner
Salary: Very competitive salary + benefits + bonuses
Main duties of Maintenance Planner
This role entails but is not limited to:
The key experience needed for the Maintenance Planner is:-
- Prioritising preventative and corrective maintenance work orders within the CMMS.
- Providing maintenance technicians with detailed work plans for all non-breakdown activities, with consideration for skills, tooling, and spare parts while setting the highest industry standards.
- Improving standardised work plans based on maintenance technician feedback, e.g., estimated hours, tools, spare parts required, etc.
- Clearly communicating with the production and maintenance departments to schedule work orders at least 1 week in advance, taking into consideration, labour availability, labour skills, equipment availability, and work order priority/risk.
- Ensuring feedback is communicated to all relevant departments upon completion of scheduled work.
- Ownership of maintenance documentation and its entry into the CMMS (schematics, manuals, SWIs, single point lessons, supporting documents, etc).
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant.
About Our Client:
- Strong experience within a Maintenance role (Technician, Engineer, Supervisor, Team Leader, Planner, Scheduler) in a fast paced high volume manufacturing or engineering environment
- Apprentice trained background with a strong cross functional skillset in Mechanical & Electronical. The bias would be 60/40 electrical in an ideal world.
- Previous experience on CMMS based systems with strong IT/PC skills are essential to the role
Our client is an international market leader in the manufacturing of high value automotive components supplied directly into a major automotive OEM. In return our client is offering a very competitive salary including shift allowance, paid overtime, pension contribution, life assurance, staff discounts and corporate discount schemes. More importantly this is a fantastic opportunity with a Tier 1 business as part of one of the biggest groups in the world. Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles