A unique and exciting opportunity has been created for a growth-oriented Sales Engineer, to join a market leading company within the design, manufacture, and rental of large-scale commercial and industrial electrical power solutions.
Sales Engineer – Power Rental Market
Location – Northern UK (Inc Scotland, Ireland, North East, North West, West Midlands and East Midlands)
Salary – c£40,000 - £50,000
This position will see the successful candidate take responsibility for account managing existing customers across the North of the UK, and developing new business to business relationships. The role offers scope for Hybrid Working; you will be home based, with travel to company head office (which is located in your territory) and of course extensive travel across the North of the UK including Scotland and Ireland.
The successful Sales Engineer will:
- Be responsible for business development and sales growth for rental sales
- Develop and maximise rental sales through prospecting for new customers and managing existing client relationships (current split is circa 60% managing and developing existing customers and 40% prospecting for new business)
- Develop relationships with a wide circle of people, meeting clients in and out of standard working hours as deemed appropriate in order to succeed.
The successful Sales Engineer
will have the following skills and experience:
- Sales and business development expertise, with experience of prospecting for new customers whilst maintaining and growing existing clients.
- Plant or equipment rental sales experience of packaged solutions, ideally with power generation experience i.e.transformers, generator sets or load banks, but background in rental sales of similar plant or equipment e.g.: refrigeration and cooling etc will be considered
- Have significant demonstrable experience and understanding of the commercial side of rental sales not OEM equipment sales
- Technical qualifications in the Electrical Power market are desirable but not essential. Proven track record of rental equipment sales success more important.
In return, the company which is a part of a market leading group with a strong reputation, will offer a competitive salary of circa £40,000 to £50,000, a fully expensed company car, commission and generous rewards, health insurance, pension and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays,
The Sales Engineer
will predominantly work days, from Monday to Friday, but there will be flexibility required when meeting clients outside of “standard” working hours. There is obviously the flexibility to work from home alongside visits to group Head office, significant travel to visit prospects and clients, alongside International Travel to visit group offices and manufacturing plants.
This role will suit an existing Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Sales Account Manager, Fleet Rental Sales Manager, Equipment Rental Sales Manager, or Sales Focused Account Manager. The individual will be someone who is very much hungry for success, who is considered by their peers as a self-starter, and who is able to win their own work by mapping the market and generating their own leads. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.