Part of a major multi billion pound international group, this organisation has recently built a new World Class Manufacturing facility on a 'green field site' to produce complex high value components for the automotive industry.
There is now a brand new requirement for 3 Quality Engineers to join on a rotating shift basis including a night shift (6-2, 2-10, 10-6) to make up a newly developed shift.
The right candidate will have a strong experience in a fast paced Automotive environment; a strong Quality toolbox and understanding of using those Tools, Must have good analytical skills with awareness of Statistical Process Control (SPC) & measurement systems analysis (MSA) knowledge.
Role: Quality Engineer (3 Needed)
Salary: excellent salary per annum + shift allowance + pension + benefits
3 Shift Rotation: (6am – 2pm/ 2pm – 10pm/ 10pm – 6am)
Duties for the Quality Engineer:-
- Support PPAP and launch of all programs & engineering changes for new launches
- Carry out Capability studies and gauge validation (Measurement System Analysis)
- Review component drawings and understand the application requirements for each component with dimensional studies on finished goods with road maps as required
- Effective launch from NPI into production
- CPMP and Business Protocol Adherence - documents to be completed as per program milestones and evidence provided for files
- Carry out updates to Process Documentation – Standardised Work Instructions, Process Quality Records, Quality Alerts etc.
- Perform Quality audits as deemed necessary
- Analyse, troubleshoot and follow up on internal and customer quality issues
- Meet all commitments – confront and elevate issues in a timely manner
- Provide technical and administrative support as needed
- Implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as required
The Requirements for the Quality Engineer:
Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
- Understanding of APQP process
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: die casting, metal forming, automated assembly, mechanisms, tooling fixtures and gauges. Understanding of Core Quality Tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA and PPAP), Control plans/Process Flows, Root Cause Analysis/Practical Problem solving
- Proficient in and learning the Business Operating Systems (IATF 16949)
This is an excellent opportunity for 3 Quality Engineers to be part of a Global business at a World Class Manufacturing site, establishing a green field factory development from the ground up. In return our client is offering a fantastic salary plus a shift allowance and benefits package including contributary pension scheme, death in service, onsite car parking, 25 days holiday, canteen facilities, excellent training and development opportunities. Above all this is an opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the modern organisation who are continuing to invest in modern machinery and infrastructure. There are multi million pound sign offs already made by the business.
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.