Scope and Authority
- Has an overview of the product and its business success, including revenues, costs and growth.
- Work in conjunction with Global Product Manager on portfolio life cycle management (post release) including product launch, upgrades/extensions and obsolescence.
Pricing and positioning of a product line, including value proposition
Be the link between the innovation and commercial teams
Feasibility studies for new product development
Work with global product manager and innovation team on prioritisation of innovation projects and follow-up on progress.
Coordination of Product Management, Innovation, service and supply chain.
Work with product marketing team on marketing plans and activities.
Competitive analysis and market intelligence, work on patent issues as required.
Long term strategic plan of product line, including go-to-market and distribution strategy.
Support industry sales in creation of annual revenue budgets.
Sales documentation and support material. Create structure and procedures to streamline leads to contracts.
Schedule and quality of product training.
Product demonstration guidelines, including utilisation of demo centers. Inventory management of demo equipment.
Other tasks in cooperation with Global Product Manager Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The position demands individual who is ambitious and with excellent communication skills, is organised and able to juggle many activities at the same time. Has team leading skills, good language skills, is analytically and strategically thinking, problem solving skills and good negotiating skills. Has positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
The position demands further knowledge and skills of:
- Sales and Marketing
- Marketing strategy and tactics
- Business to business sales techniques
- Budgeting, solutions and project design
- Market need analysis, pricing, competitor analysis
- Administration and Management
Education and Experience
- Training and mentoring
- Skills to create support and training material
- Excellent presentation skills
- Being able to instruct others, explain and simplify often complicated material
- Fluency in English, writing and verbal
- Good writing and presenting material in English
University degree and/or experience in technical field.