An diverse Metallurgist with a solid forgings background. Extensive experience of Materials Testing, Chemical Process, Heat Treatment and NDT.
- Responsible for Mechanical, Metallurgical and Chemical labs
- Quality Assurance responsibility
- Manage Laboratory QMS documentation and Instructions
- Implemented ISO17025
- Support ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Root Cause Analysis using 8D methodology
- Review, approval and flow down of customer, material and process specifications
- Higher National Diploma Engineering (Metals Technology)
- Short course MSc module Light Metals & Alloys
- Short course MSc module Introduction to Composite Material Science
Project Materials Engineer
A polymer and composites specialist looking for work in the Aerospace industry. Wants to relocate to the Midlands and is open to the West & East Midlands. Is currently working for a Global Aerospace leader.
- Extensive knowledge of metallurgy, corrosion, tension and stress on turbines.
- Gained extensive experience of research and equipment including DSC, flash DSC, FTIR, TGA, SEM and a variety of molding & casting techniques as well as mechanical testing.
- Taught and organised a variety of modules for undergraduate students, including composite beam, polymer lab and thermoforming.
Qualifications & Training
- University of Birmingham – 2014 – 2017 Materials Science and Engineering PhD
- University of Birmingham - 2005 – 2008 BSc Sports and Material Science – 2:1
Ref : 025458176 SD