Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma Manager and leader with a broad knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Value Stream Mapping, 5s and Kaizen Methodologies of process improvement.
Extensive Tier One Automotive experience. Multi site experience with strong leadership capability.
- Developed and delivered strategic Lean and Six Sigma implementations on single and multiple sites.
- Managed dedicated teams of Continuous Improvement Engineers on a single and multiple sites.
- Facilitated and led process improvement teams in a wide range of projects and locations to achieve major process improvement changes.
- Able to adapt between process improvement techniques and Process design techniques using methodologies such as DMAIC, DFSS and Lean.
- Experienced at training people from all levels in the business in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping methodologies.
- DFSS Training
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification
- University of Michigan Lean Manufacturing Program
- 2:1 B.Eng. Manufacturing Systems Engineering (Honours)
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
A highly experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer with nearly 20 years and a proven track record of savings for very large Tier 1 companies. Responsible for the continuous improvement activities across the whole sites in his positions. Experienced in Value Stream maps, analysing material flow, development of standard processes for completing product changeovers, introduction of Kanban systems, implementation of 5S principles and application of 7 wastes to a process.
- Use of value stream mapping and time studies of processes to reduce operating costs by 235,000 euro
- Implemented dedicated locations for stock which has lead to an improvement of location accuracy by 20%
- Use of value stream map to evaluate staffing levels leading to a reduction of staffing level by 50%
- Reduction of product changeovers by 30% leading to an improvement of 4% on OEE
- Introduce S.M.E.D. (Single Minute Exchange of Die) methodology
- Team member which completed material flow analysis leading to an investment of £1.3m GBP capex investment
- Reduction of scrap produced by a production line leading to a reduction of 6%
- Introduce pull process which lead to a reduction of lead times from 56 days to 5 days
- Introduction of Overall Equipment Effectiveness to product lines
- Completion of changeover projects which resulted in changeover times being reduced by 30%
Qualifications & Training
- Six sigma green belt
- Lead auditor to TS16949 (SMMT)
- Chartered Quality Institute - Quality Assurance
- City and Guilds - Quality Assurance
Available immediately and is willing to travel from the South Coast to Birmingham.