Production Manager – Automotive CNC machining
An energetic and enthusiastic Production Manager with 25 years experience managing machine shops producing high quality, close tolerance components for automotive powertrain (engine cases and cylinder heads), motorsport, instrumentation and general manufacturing sectors.
Proven track record of exceeding performance expectations, remaining customer focused, whilst adhering to timescales and budgets. A team player with the experience and ability to motivate, inspire and encourage others.
- Overseeing day to day running of CNC machine shops to ensure production targets and met.
- Managing upto 20 skilled operatives and supervisory staff.
- Conversant with PPAP, 8D problem solving and improvement of processes
- Managing operation activities of production to achieve plan and targets; maintaining timing plan, OEE, scrap
- Contribute to quality improvements; manage teams, H & S and environmental improvements.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Planning and scheduling of orders and material through machine shop.
- Knowledge of 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machining centres – Mazak, Hass, Matuassra
- Knowledge of conventional and CNC Multi Spindle Turning
- Experience of close tolerance machining ( 12 micron )
- CNC programming experience
- Good MS Office skills
- Engineering Apprenticeship served at GKN
- City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering and Craft Studies
- City & Guilds QA Assurance part 1 & 2
- City & Guild NC/CNC Machine Setting and Operation
Resides: Will relocate anywhere in UK
Salary expectations: £40,000 pa - £45,000 pa
Notice period: None, immediately available
Site Manager – Automotive
A time served multi-disciplined engineer with over 30 years post apprenticeship experience within the automotive and food industries, graduating from apprentice to senior management with a continual developing career.
- 25 Years in Mechanical and Electrical Industrial Maintenance
- Continuous Improvement Projects, Energy Saving ,
- Budget control , Capital Investment Projects,
- Control and Selection of Contractors,
- Fire Protection Systems,
- Site Security,
- Purchasing and Negotiating Fixed Price Contracts.
- IOSH Health and safety
- CSCS Electro-Technical
- Spa Passport to Health and Safety
- City and Guilds Health and Safety
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering Practices
- City and Guilds Basic Electrics
- City and Guilds Control of Contractors
- City and Guilds J1 and J2 Hydraulics
- City and Guilds Safe Operation of Cooling Towers L8
- Fire and Explosion Hazards
Seeking opportunities in UK.