Project Manager - Automotive BIW press tooling
A conscientious and professional Tooling/Program Manager with extensive experience in the North American and European Automotive sectors managing entire pressed/painted and complete welded assemblies into OEM’s such as Jaguar Land Rover, Porsche, BMW, Ford and General Motors. Currently seeking a new position as Program Manager/ Tool Designer either in Europe or China.
- Currently located in China with working experience gained in UK and Canada
- Knowledge of Tooling for Automated Transfer and Progressive press lines.
- Lead and manage projects and teams from RFQ to Job 1/Production.
- Maintaining tooling budgets ( $ mils) for up to 20 tools for the automotive sector, mainly body in white trim in final and closures.
- Managing teams up to 10 engineers (Quality Engineers, Project Engineers, Tooling Engineers) to insure each aspect of the program is on track and targets are to budget and build quality is to the highest possible standard.
- Evaluating and progress of all existing programs as well as evaluating potential new and up upcoming work in line with company capacity.
- Ensuring projects are appropriately resourced and supported to achieve the pre-determined end dates to support VP1 (design verification process) through to JOB 1 (First Production) and other agreed dates.
- Monitoring and ensuring milestones are kept in line with the required dates and payment terms that were negotiated and agreed and with customers.
- Chairing APQP (Advanced product quality planning) meetings
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Project
- UGNX10 CAD Designer
Education and qualifications:
- Engineering Apprenticeship Tool & Die making
Resides: Will relocate anywhere in the UK or China. Consider European
Salary expectations: £50,000 pa +
Notice period: None, immediately available
Project Manager - Automotive Powertrain & Electronics
An experienced Project Manager with a genuine interest in Engineering Innovations, Processes and Improvements. This candidate is highly experienced in program, project and launch management within the Automotive, Engineering and Electronic sectors.
- Experienced Project Manager
- 12 years experience within Program Management, Project Management and Launch Management
- MSc Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience working with OEM’s such as BMW and JLR to name a few
- Experienced in selling across the UK, Asia and Europe
- Selling into OEM’s within the Automotive Industry
- Experienced in managing projects within Fuel Systems, Controls, Filtration, Air Handling, Emission Solutions, Electrical Power Generations, Batteries to name a few
- Experience across UK, Europe and Asia
- Successfully managed and completed a subassembly transfer project from UK to India and China
- Delivered over £500k annual saving to customers as well as removing risk of special transport
- Lean 6 sigma trained
- Project quoting
- Successfully launched: 2010 BMW PL7 F25, 2011 BMW PL7 F20, 2012 BMW PL7 F30, 2013 BMW RD MID F10/11 & F18
- Improved line performance by 20%
- Reduced rate reduction of failure from 40% to 5%
Qualifications & Training:
- MSc Electrical Engineering
- Six Sigma Green Belt training
This candidate is looking to join an organisation where he can add instant value and grow and develop his career.
Resides: Relocating to Manchester – Happy to travel across the UK
Salary expectations: £50000Basic + Car + Package
Notice period: 3 Months (Flexible)
Project Manager - Automotive
An experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of success in design and developing a wide range of Automotive based manufactured products. Providing high-level design planning, engineering operational management and development control to build consistently improved business performance and enhanced efficiency levels.
- Successfully introduced design changes during the build process ensuring quality and sales target are achieved.
- Managed designs from prototype to production including sourcing of 3rd party manufacturers
- Reporting metrics for warranty costs, stock levels and sales order intake
- Review production techniques to achieve manufacturing cost down, quality and improve productivity.
Qualifications & Training:
- BSc Materials Technology
- HNC Engineering Science
- Qualifying Manager for Electrical Installations
- Electrical Inspection, Testing and Certification of 17th Edition Wiring Regulations -
- Leading to status of Qualifying Manager
- Design for Production, Design for Assembly, World Class Manufacturing
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques
Seeking opportunities uk wide.
Director of Product and Project Management
An experienced Executive Manager and Engineer with a successful track record in competitive global industries. Extensive Project Management experience in New Product Development, delivering strong results through effective leadership and cross-functional business experience.
Global and Strategic accountability for Mobility and Accessibility product sectors, with proven talent for growing market share and profitability. Product, market and customer focused, with a passion for innovation, design solutions and process excellence.
Influential Manager and developer of large teams in manufacturing, technical, product and project roles. 20 years experience in Manufacturing. Has done a lot of work in the medical & accessibility solutions such as wheel chairs, mobile scooters & stairlifts.
- Achieved a 25% global sales growth and 10% profit margin improvement for the 2000 stairlift, over a 3 year period. Introduced product functional and installation improvements to continually meet market and customer requirements.
- Successfully led the strategic EU penetration of standard mobility scooter products from 5% to 20% market share with an annual UK unit growth from 1000 to 14000 – contributing over £4m sales growth and launching 25 new scooter models.
- Successfully led the transfer of the high end mobility scooter sourcing from UK in house manufacture to the Far East, being a first time experience for the company. A new generation of high end products were developed and launched, resulting in margin improvements from 5% to 40%, revenue growth from $5m to $15m and a mainland EU market share of 35%. Recognised by the board as a significant contribution to market growth and profit.
- Started with green field site and 25 direct reports. Over 3 years, achieved a growth in both units and sales of 95%. Sales in 1996 achieved £11m.
- Dudley College of Technology:
- BTEC Certificate in Mechanical and Production Engineering
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in Mechanical and Production Engineering
- IIM Certificate in Industrial Management
Action Coach - Sales Development Program. College of Occupational Therapists – Inclusive Design. Management Development – Finance. Certificate in Quality Function Deployment. PCI Certificate in Project Leadership. Introduction to Electrical Emissions - EMC. NAFEMS Engineering Stress Analysis. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis - FMEA. Managing and Directing Safety at Work. Design Specification and Methodology. Geometric Tolerancing Certificate. Managing successful projects.